November 08, 2004

On pins and needles

So I there I was again, at the acupunturist, getting my back poked with needles that then felt like pinpricks for half an hour due to electrical impulses, and all I could think was, I'm paying for this? An hour and a half each way on the bus for a cure I have tried religiously for four weeks, twice a week, and felt no better than I did when I stayed uptown and took a couple of muscle relaxers?

I tried. I really did. I wanted to believe in Eastern medicine, but I have the patience of a bunny rabbit. I remain the poster adult for Western medicine (current pharmaceutical intake available upon request). Pills may not always work, but you get results -- or not -- without getting fully dressed and venturing into foreign territory in my own city. And the older I get, the more I like my nightgown and the four-block radius surrounding my apartment.

As for bunny rabbits, they rule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home